Saturday, October 9, 2010

When I loved myself enough

I have read an interesting book today, "When I loved myself enough" by Kim McMillen with Alison McMillen.

I have extracted some powerful words from the book and I hope to remind every reader of this post what it means when loving ourselves enough.........

"When I loved myself enough........
... I bought a feather bed."

... I came to see I am not special but I am unique."

... I came to know I am worthy of knowing God directly."

... I learned to meet my own needs and not call it selfish".

... my heart became so tender it could welcome joy and sorrow equally."

... I no longer needed things or people to make me feel safe."

... I quit wishing my life looked some other way and began to see that as it is, my life serves my evolution."

... I quit projecting my strengths and weakness on to others and kept them as my own."

... I began seeing the abuse in trying to force something or someone who isn't ready - including myself."

... I began leaving whatever isn't healthy... people, jobs... anything that keep me small.  My judgement called it disloyal.  Now I see it as self-loving."

... I learned to say no when I want to and yes when I want to."

... I quit trying to be a saviour for others."

... I stop seeking experts and started living my life."

... I quit having to be right which makes being wrong meaningless."

... I forgave myself for all the times I thought I wasn't good enough."

Do you like what you see so far?  There are more powerful and lovely statements in the book.  I love reading the book.  It reminds us to love ourselves... ENOUGH. Isn't there a good saying....  "You can't give what you don't have"

Start loving ourselves and start doing simple thing to love ourselves enough.  Wondering where to start?   How about making yourself a nice cup of coffee and watching your favourite DVD?

That is a start....

Join others who love the idea:
Facebook : http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/When-I-Loved-Myself-Enough-3/117071565001534
Jenni who shares her own list on Blog: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=9862737&blogId=471303864

No comments:

Post a Comment