Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cheeky collegue at work

Cheeky : "it is a word used to describe someone who does something or says something sort of rude / disrespectful".


I used it regularly and most of the times, it refers to my friends who do somethings funny but not harmful

However, in the following incidence, cheeky is not funny at all.


I work as as a consultant and am allocated a car spot at work, as 85% of my work is from the office.  I share that spot with my colleague (Belinda).  Whenever I am not in the office, I let her know to avoid her looking and paying for meter parking.  There is no private parking around the area.

Another naughty colleague of mine, Jon, often takes the spot at his own discretion without letting either of us know in advance.

Belinda has confronted him and explained that the spot is allocated and he should not take it.  If he really needs it, he should at least let me know so that I have coins with me to pay for meter parking.

Jon think it should be first come first serve and he has permission from his manager that it is ok to park.

He probably genuinely think that he has the point, which I think he is such a bully.

It is not a matter of car spot.  I think he is so disrespectful. 
- I was allocated the spot.  If he needs the spot, out of courtesy, why shouldn't I be informed?
- who is he to make the rules?
- if it should be first come first serve, it should applies to all employees.  It is not a car spot reserved for someone who makes his own rules.
- if he thinks it is unfair, speak to the boss who has made the decision to allocate the spot.  Don't be a cheeky smart ass.
- He is not sorry at all because he think he has the points.

What makes it more annoying.........  I see a whole day street parking, but have to get some coins change.  By the time I get back, it is taken.  So, he has turned his problem to mine. 

How cheeky, selfish, annoying, self-center he is?...............  VERY VERY MUCH SO............

2 comments:

  1. Why not inform the management about this since the car park lot is allocated to you? You have every right to use it whenever you want, and no one can make use of it without your permission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spoken to the head office admin manager and let her confirm and sort things out. It is kind of sensitive when another manager was claimed to have given the permission.

    ReplyDelete